27-28 June 2012, Manchester
There continues to be considerable interest in the UK and the wider international nuclear community with respect to new nuclear reactor build and the future business and career opportunities that these programmes present. Against this however, we need to continually recognise that nuclear decommissioning and waste management projects continue to be significant activities which are vital to supporting current plant operations and the safe delivery of nuclear site clean-up programmes.
Proving to our stakeholders that as an industry we can safely, responsibly and cost-effectively deal with legacy sites, plants and waste, is key when we come to decommission the current fleet of operating nuclear power stations and those new build plants that are at earlier stages of planning. Fundamental questions around the new projects such as ‘what will happen to the waste?’ and ‘what will the funded decommissioning plans look like?’ lead to important challenges for the industry.
The skills and capabilities needed for these programmes also form the basis of what the UK nuclear industry can successfully export to the rest of the world, bringing exciting new opportunities for British businesses and our highly skilled workforce.
Nuclear Decommissioning 2012 (DECOM12) brings together the most comprehensive programme for this sector and will be the main industry-supported event of its kind in the UK in 2012. **UPDATED SPEAKER PROGRAMME NOW AVAILABLE**
View the DECOM12 Speaker Programme.
DECOM12 is a conference organised by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and the Nuclear Institute, and supported by the Nuclear Industry Association and the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority.
Download the booking form here.
Headline presenters already confirmed:
- George Beveridge, Deputy Managing Director, Sellafield
- Simon Biggs, Principal Investigator, DIAMOND Consortium - University of Leeds
- Melanie Brownridge, Head of R&D, Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA)
- Andrew Carr, Head of Legal Services, NDA
- Dyan Foss, Deputy Managing Director, DRSL
- Paul Gilchrist, Strategy & Technical Manager - Fuel Cycle Technology, NDA
- Ron Gorham, Head of Supply Chain, NDA
- Paul Howarth, Managing Director, National Nuclear Laboratory
- Lord Hutton, Chairman, Nuclear Industry Association
- Keith McConnell, Deputy Director, US NRC
- David McIntosh, Commercial Lawyer, NDA
- Vladimir Michal, Waste Technology Team Leader, IAEA
- Robert Middleton, Office for Nuclear Development, DECC
- Brian Nixon, Chief Executive, Decom North Sea
- Clive Nixon, Fuel and Nuclear Materials, NDA
- Keith Parker, Chief Executive, Nuclear Industry Association
- David Powell, European Business Director, GE Hitachi
- Graeme Rankin, Head of Competition, NDA
- Steve Rima, Vice President, AMEC
- David Senior, Deputy Chief Inspector, Office for Nuclear Regulation
- Dick Sexton, Chief Operating Officer - Accelerated Sites, Magnox
- Nicolas Solente, International Projects & Cooperation Manager, ANDRA
- Simon Stuttaford, Senior Vice President - Legal, EnergySolutions
- Dennis Thompson, Managing Director, LLWR
- Tony Wratten, Managing Director, RSRL
Sponsoring or exhibiting at DECOM12 will give you the opportunity to displaying your solutions, services and products to the right people at the right time.
Find out who is exhibiting here.